Why Have a Focusing Session?
“Can Focusing work for me?”
“How does a Focusing process feel, and what happens?”
Do you want to start experiencing the benefits of Focusing immediately?
Do you want to be sure that you’re getting the most out of Focusing?
Do you want to be gently guided and supported in bringing the Focusing process to any life issue?
Some of the Benefits To You:
- a sense of relief and clarity about your life and your forward steps
- a greater ability to be compassionate to yourself
- a shift in perspective about what’s bothering you
- new possibilities, new options, and fresh energy to move forward
You Can Expect:
- to receive respectful, confident, unobtrusive guiding through the process
- to feel deeply understood and to understand yourself more deeply
- to experience some movement or fresh perspective on your issue or problem, even in one session
- to get some ideas for how to continue the process on your own and/or in further sessions
A Focusing session is an experience of deep contact with yourself.
In a one-to-one session, you are guided through Focusing. You don’t have to know how to do the process -- we take you through it, with respectful and compassionate suggestions.
You can expect to feel deeply understood, with your concerns and your goals at the center of the work.
It’s quite possible that just one session can bring relief and insight. For most people, having one session is a starting place -- you can go on to:
- having more sessions, going deeper and farther with the work
- continuing to practice on your own (you’ll get some tips on how to do this from the session, but remember, one session is not a training)
- joining the Focusing Training Program
"I experience my neck differently..."
At the time I had a Focusing session with Ann, I had been feeling an unusually high level of stress for a couple of weeks, accompanied by pressure in my head and an unpleasant feeling of agitation. From the session I got a huge amount of relief from the stress, a new relationship with my body, and some very specific information about how I needed to change my life.
"My previously warring parts relaxed..."
For years I've struggled with emotional eating, sometimes feeling like there's a war going on inside me that's been hidden within a fog. My session with you made such a difference and was incredibly helpful on so many levels. I left the session with newfound clarity and peace—my previously warring parts relaxed, open and met.