Is This You?
Who can Inner Relationship Focusing really help?
See if one or more of these scenarios feel familiar to you.
You feel blocked. You can do anything except what you most need to do. When you put some task Number One on your priority list, you find yourself doing anything but that. You’re so far behind on the important things, you feel like you’ll never dig out.
Your life is going very well externally, but deep down you feel unworthy, like a faker. People seem to look up to you, even depend on you, but you keep thinking, if only they knew! And then you feel like you have to work even harder, to hide that.
You’re reactive out of proportion to what’s actually happening, blowing up or bursting into tears at little criticisms or panicking at little setbacks. Too often your family makes you feel crazy or your clients irritate you. You’ve tried talking yourself out of the feelings but they persist anyway.
You’re in a life transition, and you’re feeling overwhelmed by too many decisions. A lot hangs in the balance and you feel a sense of inner pressure that doesn’t help at all. You need to find some way to navigate between the different choices, some way that lets you trust yourself.
You feel you are in a kind of spiritual wasteland, a darkness of the soul, where nothing feels true or right, but you can’t even explain what the problem is, and everywhere you look for answers seems just as empty as you feel.
You’re facing a health challenge and you realize that this is absolutely the time to be able to listen deeply to yourself and your body, because not listening to your body is probably part of why you’re in this situation. Maybe you’re in physical pain, having trouble sleeping, anxious about the symptoms you’re experiencing.
You want to be able to follow your inner journey, perhaps through a practice like meditation, but you don’t know what to do with the intrusive thoughts and distractions. Or you might want support in learning a new practice that has the acceptance and quiet mind of meditation, yet allows you to engage with emotional issues and resolve them.
No matter which of these situations you find yourself in, Focusing Resources has helped people a lot like you.
You might be:
- A high achiever fundamentally doing well but with a few areas of blockage that persistently get in the way
- Someone who is doing OK but you feel you are not living up to your potential and you have periods of self-doubt and low mood
- A person who seriously struggles with the results of early trauma and needs more ways to self-support when the reactivity gets triggered, as well as wanting genuine healing over time
- Someone who is in psychotherapy now and would like to learn a process that you can do yourself between therapy sessions
- Someone who has benefitted from psychotherapy in the past but who is now looking for a way to take more personal charge of your emotional healing
- A person who would like a method for greater self-awareness and self-alignment that can be used daily and potentially shared with family and community
We also have special programs for therapists, counselors, coaches, bodyworkers, and anyone who wants to contribute to the world by helping others find their life direction from within.
But will it work for you? It will, if you have these values:
- You are committed to your own growth as a person
- You are willing to face and get to know your emotional reactions to your life
- You are committed to bringing your gifts into the world
- You value living with integrity and self-awareness
- You know there is more to you than this!
On the other hand, we wouldn’t be a good fit for you if:
- You are looking for a quick fix
- You aren’t interested in knowing yourself better
- You want someone else to solve your problems for you
You may be wondering, what’s this approach all about?
Perhaps you’d like to read about What Is Focusing?